- Round-trip transportation from your Juneau cruise ship terminal!
- English-speaking certified Juneau shore excursion guide!
- Experience two of the most popular adventures in Juneau, Alaska!
- Keep your eyes peeled for potential wildlife sightings!
- A great whale-watching adventure and Juneau's famous Gold Creek Salmon Bake!
- An all-you-can-eat Alaskan salmon bake buffet is included!
- Guaranteed whale sightings!
- Escape the cruise ship shore excursion crowds and enjoy the unique sights of Juneau and Alaska!
You will meet your Juneau excursion transfer guide in downtown Juneau and drive for approximately 30 minutes out through the Mendenhall Valley to Auke Bay where you will find your whale-watching shore excursion boat waiting for your wildlife cruise. Your cruise excursion captain and onboard naturalist will welcome you aboard The North Star, a state-of-the-art 48-passenger jet boat designed for Juneau whale-watching excursions from inside or out on deck.
More than 60 humpback whales return from Hawaii to this Juneau Alaska area each season to feed in the nutrient-rich waters. Where some whale watching is done in miles of open ocean, this is a more enclosed area, which increases the possibilities of whale sightings. Your whale-watching shore excursion captain is so experienced in knowing where to look that they guarantee whale sightings. In fact, if a whale is not spotted you will receive a $100 refund ($50 for children)! The cruise part of this shore excursion is approximately 2 hours in length.
The Gold Creek Alaskan Salmon Bake is more than a meal. It is the ultimate Alaskan shore excursion experience with great food, live music, and fun activities like gold panning, marshmallow roasting, and a nature walk, set in a rainforest alongside Salmon Creek. Here you will dine on Alaskan-caught salmon grilled over an open alder wood fire. In addition, there is Parmesan chicken, cheesy au gratin potatoes, baked beans with reindeer sausage, wild-rice pilaf, cornbread, clam chowder, and other sides, salads and beverages, and blueberry cake for dessert. Beer, wine, and soda are available for purchase. If you do the salmon bake first, you will have approximately 90 minutes to eat and enjoy the location. If this is your last shore excursion stop, transfer buses run regularly to take you back to your Juneau cruise ship pier when you are ready.
Please note the sequence of this Juneau Whale Watching and Salmon Bake Excursion features may vary.