- Round-trip transportation from your Juneau cruise ship terminal!
- English-speaking certified guide!
- Experience whale watching, one of the most popular shore excursions in Juneau!
- 3 hours on the water searching for Humpback whales and marine wildlife!
- photo-stop at Mendenhall Glacier scenic viewpoint!
- Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages!
- Keep your eyes peeled for potential Alaskan wildlife sightings!
- Guaranteed whale or Orca spotting or full refund!
- Escape the cruise ship shore excursion crowds and enjoy the unique sights of Juneau and Alaska!
Departing downtown Juneau, you will be transferred on a scenic drive through the Mendenhall Valley to Auke Bay, approximately 30 minutes away. Unlike whale watching in the open ocean, the waters of Juneau Alaska are more restricted, which brings the whales closer together. Upon arrival, you will meet your whale-watching cruise excursion captain and staff who will welcome you aboard and give you a quick safety orientation.
There is a fleet of boats used and based on the number of guests booked, you and only 17 other guests (maximum) will then set out into Auke Bay, a protected waterway that is a summer feeding ground to humpback whales as well as other marine life. You will have the opportunity to view magnificent marine mammals in a scenic setting with a professional whale-watching excursion crew, on board a custom-built, state-of-the-art aluminum-chambered boat. The excursion cabin cruiser offers a soft, enjoyable ride, and is one of the safest boats in the industry. The cabin includes heating and a basic bathroom.
Take in the spectacular atmosphere of whales surfacing, with interpretation from our local naturalist who will tell you more about this magnificent area and its marine and wildlife. Enjoy light snacks and premium non-alcoholic beverages while you are cruising. The attention from the whale-watching cruise excursion crew and the smaller group size will make your experience even more memorable.
In addition to viewing whales, we always find a variety of other animals that can including seals, sea lions, bald eagles, porpoises, deer, and even an occasional bear or moose along the shore. Our experienced captains know these waters well and have had a 100% viewing success rate over the past six years. We guarantee that you will see at least a whale or an orca or your money will be completely refunded. Make the most of your short time in Juneau, on this personalized whale-watching excursion experience that you deserve. The total cruise time is approximately 3 hours.
Returning to the Juneau cruise dock, your transportation will be waiting to take you back to Juneau, approximately 30 minutes drive. Glacier view is weather permitting.