- Round-trip transportation from the Transportation Hub at your Livorno cruise ship terminal!
- Air-conditioned and fully licensed transportation!
- English-speaking driver/guide for groups of 8 or fewer!
- Driver and separate English-speaking certified guide while in Florence for groups of 9-30!
- Morning walk through Florence's Old Town!
- Free time for lunch and browsing!
- Afternoon walk through the Square of Santa Croce!
- Photo stop to visit Pisa's Field of Miracles for photos of the tower!
- Escape the cruise ship shore excursion crowds and enjoy the unique sights of Livorno and the surrounding area!
Get away from the usual cruiseline-sponsored excursions on this unique guided highlights excursion. Group size is kept to a maximum of 30 to ensure personalized service.
You will take a brief shuttle ride (free) from your cruise pier to meet your driver and air-conditioned transport. From the pier, it is a 2-hour journey to Florence. A restroom stop will be made after an hour en route. The driver will give commentary while you are in the vehicle.
On arrival to the city's historic area, you will disembark for a guided walking visit. See the Gothic architecture of Piazza del Duomo with its Cupola, a powerful symbol for both the city and its tradition. There is also an exterior visit to the Baptistery by the Duomo.
Head next to the Piazza della Signoria, known as Florence's political heart, and see the Palazzo della Signoria. This monument was designed in 1298 for the seat of the Republican government.
From the Piazza della Signoria, you will continue to the oldest bridge in Florence, Ponte Vecchio. Although reconstructed after the flooding of 1333, the bridge still offers great architectural views and interesting photo opportunities.
There is a 45-minute lunch break where you may choose where to dine. Your guide will be able to offer suggestions. Lunch is at the guest's expense.
Regroup after your lunch break for a short visit to the Square of Santa Croce, one of the city's largest squares used for popular typical celebrations. There you will see the outside of the Basilica of Santa Croce, one of Florence's largest churches as well as the resting place of some of Italy's influential famous such as Gioacchino Rossini, Galileo Galilei, and the artist, Michelangelo.
Head back to your transportation and journey to Pisa. On arrival at the city, you will disembark and walk approximately 20 minutes to the Field of Miracles. Enjoy photo opportunities and some free time before returning to your cruise pier, approximately 30 minutes from Pisa.
Please note that you should anticipate large crowds at all sites. For groups with less than nine people, transportation will be by smaller vehicles. For groups of more than nine people, you will meet your additional official guide on arrival to Florence.