- Round-trip transportation (Ketchikan) or guide escort (Ward Cove) from your cruise ship pier.
- A wildlife and sightseeing cruise through the Tongass Narrows, the glacially carved waterways alongside Ketchikan's coastline.
- View the historic Guard Island Lighthouse, one of Alaska's first lighthouses, and the beautiful totem poles and Alaska Native clan house at Totem Bight State Park.
- Keep your eyes peeled for American bald eagles and other marine-based wildlife.
- Complimentary snacks and beverages.
- Escape the cruise ship shore excursion crowds and enjoy the unique sights of Ketchikan, Alaska.
Join your Alaskan captain and their crew in Ward Cove, one of Alaska's deepest and most protected natural harbors, to board your tour vessel for a wildlife and sightseeing cruise through Ketchikan's nearshore waters, with guaranteed sightings of American bald eagles.
Once on board, you'll be treated to panoramic views of the wild seascape and surrounding mountainous island chains making up the geography of this region, as you learn about Ketchikan's coastal history, native culture, and natural beauty. Cruise along the shoreline of the Tongass National Forest, the world's largest temperate rainforest, and learn about Ketchikan's local community and diverse wildlife.
Take in the incredible artistry at Totem Bight State Park, home to an Alaskan Native clan house and collection of 14 towering Tlingit and Haida hand-carved totem poles, where the crew is happy to snap a photo for you to take home. About halfway through the trip, you'll arrive by boat in front of Guard Island Lighthouse, one of the first lighthouses to be built in Alaska, completed in 1904 and still active today.
A snack sampler plate of Alaskan treats, including our famous smoked salmon dip, is included in your tour. Sip on a hot chocolate or freshly brewed coffee and keep on the lookout for harbor seals, moon jellyfish, pigeon guillemots, deer, blue herons, whales, and other wildlife! Your sightseeing boat accommodates up to 35 guests and includes two restrooms and a small, onboard gift shop.