- Round-trip route with on/off privileges in Reykjavik!
- Comfortable double-decker open-top city shore excursion buses!
- Air-conditioned buses with Wi-Fi and Wheelchair access!
- Easy to use system map of Reykjavik!
- Audio narration on the bus - available in 8 languages!
- A total of 16 Bus stops at the must-see sites!
See the great city of Reykjavik in the best way possible, on an iconic double-decker sightseeing bus. You can explore the city at your leisure, shop, or maybe visit museums. If you hop off to do some exploring, just hop back on when you are ready to see more.
You can hop on a bus at any of the stops throughout the city. For guests arriving on a cruise ship in Reykjavik, there is a stop right by your cruise terminal. There are 16 stops along this sightseeing route. If you choose to stay on for the whole loop it will take approximately 45 minutes. Guests can listen to the narration through headsets that can be adjusted for a variety of 8 languages. You'll also be given a map with the routes and the highlights, see the link below for a copy of the map. You can plan your day and decide where you want to get off to explore and then just get back on the next bus when you are ready. The buses run every 45 minutes.
Among the many exciting choices, you'll have the ability to visit Reykjavik National Museum (stop 8) which offers high-tech, interactive experiences. Maybe stop at the VikinMaritime Museum (stop 5) and learn about the cod wars, the sea, and the fishing techniques used over the centuries. Stop at the Kringlan Shopping Center (stop 11) and pick out some fascinating souvenirs. Entrance fees to the attractions are not included. The names might be hard to pronounce but there's much to see and do in Reykjavik and this is the best, and most convenient, way to see this lovely city.BUS ROUTE
From 09:30 AM to 04:15 PM. The full circuit is 75 minutes and runs every 45 minutes.
1. Harpa Concert Hall & Conference Centre
2. The Old Harbour
3. Reykjavik Maritime Museum
4. Whales of Iceland
5. National Museum
7. Laugavegur Shopping Street
8. Reykjavik Art Museum - Kjarvalsstadir
10. BSI Bus Terminal
12. Kringlan Shopping Centre
13. Hilton Reykjavik Nordica
14. Laugardalur Valley15. Skarfabakki Harbour (summer only)16. Höfdi House
Please download a copy of the route map here. You will receive another on the bus.
Please note that if you arrive from May to September you will be able to board the Hop on-Hop Off Reykjavik bus at the cruise terminal, stop 15 Skarfabakki Harbour which is about 70 meters walking distance. During the winter season, you will need to board at stop 1.