Soak up the ambiance that has made Key West so famous. Take the Key West Hop on Hop off Trolley Ride and see everything you want with an all-day pass. Safe, fun, and the easiest way to get around the island, you're sure to enjoy the ride.
Just a short walk from your cruise ship terminal, you will check in at the trolley station. You will be handed a map like the one listed below. Then you either decide to ride the entire 90-minute route, which includes entertaining and informative narration; or, hop off at any one or all of the stops. When you want to hop back on, the wait won't be long, as the trolleys pass about every half hour or so. Onboard you will listen to exciting tales of pirates and Indians, hear how the Civil War affected the island, and learn why this was once known as the "island of bones." Hear about the six-toed cats, where Papa Hemingway drank, and listen to the tale of a haunted doll that is housed in a museum on the island. Key West is as eclectic as it gets, which is what makes it so fascinating.
Mallory Square is where the locals shop by day and watch the sunset in the evenings. You'll have the option to visit museums, forts, gardens, restaurants, and Kermit's Key Lime Pie Shop. Check out the beach areas too. Your conductor will also be sure to point out the famous Hog's Breath Saloon or Sloppy Joe's (both have incredible stories and legends) where you can hop off and get to know a few of the locals while sipping a cool one.
There's much to see and do in Key West, which is why it's one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. Make the most of your day by checking out the activities that interest you and see what's offered on the 13 stops below.
There are 13 stops along the route. Please see the stops below and just some of the highlights/attractions you can find at each so you can plan your day:
1. Mallory Square with the Key West Aquarium, Shipwreck Treasure Museum, Truman House, Mel Fisher Museum, Ripley's, and much more
2. Mac's Sea Garden with Historic Seaport, Pepe's Cafe, Yankee Freedom lll, Flagler Station Railroad Museum, Dry Tortugas Interruptive Center
3. Simonton and Green Street with Ripley's Museum, Hog's Breath Saloon, Rick's Bar, Sloppy Joe's
4. Duval/Crown Plaza with Oldest House Museum, La Concha, San Carlos Theater, Margaritaville
5. Bahama Village with Ernest Hemingway House, Key West Lighthouse, Kermit's Key Lime Pies
6. Fairfield Inn with Key West Yacht Club, Garrison Bight Marina
7. Roosevelt Station
8. Best Western with Airport
9. East Martello Fort/Robert the Doll with Smather's Beach
10. Casa Marina with Key West Garden Club, African American Memorial, AIDS Memorial, Higg's Beach
11. Southernmost Point, Key West Butterfly, and Nature Conservatory, Southernmost House, please look below for details
12. Truval Village with Salty Dog, Ernest Hemingway Home, Lighthouse Museum, art galleries
13. Angela St. Depot with Key West Cemetery, Kermit's Key Lime Pie Shop, Mel Fisher Treasure, Wyland Gallery
Please note that entrance fees to any of the sites are not included. Please download a copy of the route map here. You will receive another on the bus. Restaurants and bars are subject to location change or closure. Updates will be noted when received from the local operator.
This excursion may not be booked more than 6 months prior to the excursion date. A voucher will be sent in a separate email from your e-ticket. This voucher must be printed and brought with you to give to the local operator. Without the voucher in hand, you will not be allowed to do the excursion.
Take the Key West Hop on Hop off Trolley Ride and see everything you want with an all-day pass. Safe, fun, and the easiest way to get around the island, you're sure to enjoy the ride.