- Private round-trip transportation from your Costa Maya cruise ship meeting point (drop off at your pier)!
- Air-conditioned, fully licensed, and insured shore excursion transportation!
- English-speaking and federally licensed drivers!
- Traveler insurance!
- Native local English-speaking private Costa Maya Excursion guide!
- Entrance fee into Chacchoben ruins!
- Private guided excursion at the Chacchobben ruins, INAH certified bilingual excursion guides!
- Bottled water!
- A visit to Chacchoben Village and interaction with a local Mayan family at their home with a tortilla-making lesson!
- Complimentary Mayan lunch - varies daily!
We have a great day planned for you. Join us as we become actively involved in the Mayan culture by visiting the Chacchoben Mayan ruins and then sharing an authentic Mexican meal with a local family in the nearby village. This is a great adventure Shore Excursion in Costa Maya Mexico that you'll be sure to remember.
Start your day by meeting with your guide just outside your Costa Maya cruise ship pier. Your English-speaking shore excursion guide will show you the way to comfortable transportation for a scenic drive. Rest in the air conditioning as your guide gives you some information about the ancient Maya culture along the way, and gives you some insight into the ruins you'll visit.
Once you arrive at the Chacchoben Mayan ruins you will be taken on a tour of the ancient structures. Not discovered until 1972, five structures have now been fully excavated and open to the public, but many more structures exist and the work continues. All the ruins date back to 200-400 AD. One of the finds that is impressive is the Great basement, which is where the anthropologists believe was once the site of many religious, civil, and astronomy ceremonies. Your guide will give your additional information.
Then, once your time at the Chacchobben Mayan Ruins ends, you will be taken to the nearby village. Be introduced to a host family and you can learn how to make the perfect tortilla. Afterward, you will enjoy a spicy, authentic, Mexican lunch made from local ingredients.
When your Costa Maya Mayan Experience Shore Excursion comes to an end, you will be returned to your Costa Maya Mexico cruise ship pier.